Welcome: Steven and Debra would love to receive your comments and questions, so don't be shy about leaving a comment or contacting them via email.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Opt-out Ode to the Beltway TSA and Their Airline CEO Cronies: Take Your Planes and Shove ‘Em

to be sung to Johnny Paycheck’s famous tune: Take This Job and Shove It (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPrSVkTRb24)

Take your planes and shove ‘em, I ain't flyin’ here no more
My freedoms done left and took the digni-ty I was working for
Ya better not try, and stand in my way
Cause I'm Optin’, out the door
Take your planes and shove ‘em, I ain't flyin’ here no more

Well, I been buyin’ your boogeyman scam, for goin’ on ten years
All this time, I watched my freedom dyin’ in a pool of tears
And I've seen good folks abused thinkin’ freedom’s, a cost we gotta pay
I can’t wait to see your faces when I get the nerve to say…

Take your planes and shove ‘em, I ain't flyin’ here no more
My freedoms done left and took the digni-ty I was working for
Ya better not try, and stand in my way
Cause I'm Optin’, out the door
Take your planes and shove ‘em, I ain't flyin’ here no more

The g-men, playin’ hypocrite, the airlines, playin’ the fool
Givin’ passengers shakedowns and feel-ups, Lord, they think they’re cool
The TSA and the airlines been co-conspirin’, since ground-zero day
I can’t wait to see their faces, when they hear me say...

Take your planes and shove ‘em, I ain't flyin’ here no more
My freedoms done left and took the digni-ty I was working for
Ya better not try, and stand in my way
Cause I'm Optin’, out the door
Take your planes and shove ‘em, I ain't flyin’ here no more

Well, on the other side of the ultimate Opt-out door
Is the precious and forgotten freedom, I am longing for
Just wanted to let you Bozos know, what your REAL Boss is happy to say
And, can't wait to see your ashen faces, when YOU’RE made to pay...

Take your planes and shove ‘em, I ain't flyin’ here no more
My freedoms done left and took the digni-ty I was working for
Ya better not try, and stand in my way
Cause I'm Optin’, out the door
Take your planes and shove ‘em, I ain't flyin’ here no more

(Again, slowly)

Take your planes and shove ‘em, I ain’t flyin’ here no more

5 comments:

Kevin@OutOfYourRut said...

Humorous adaptation that pretty much sums up why I fly as little as possible. The long lines and bureaucracy at airports make driving more palatable all the time. Not to say a lot less expensive too!

~ said...

Glad you enjoyed it, Kevin. Withdrawing our consent and voting with our feet is true democracy in action.

Warm Regards,

Steven and Debra

Anonymous said...

Don't just "opt out" of naked scanners only to be sexually molested/assaulted, instead. Boycott Flying COMPLETELY, until sanity returns! Please join us: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Boycott-Flying/126801010710392

Old NFO said...

Love it!!!

~ said...

Old NFO,

Thanks for linking to us from your site :-) We appreciate it!

Kind Regards,

Steven and Debra

Jim Rogers - Financial Markets; If U Don't C a Guy With a Bow Tie, Keep Refreshing Til U Do

Loading...

Marc Faber - Financial Markets

Loading...

RT

Loading...

Nigel Farage

Loading...

Tommy Emmanuel - If U Don't C a Guy With a Guitar (All 4 Pictures), Keep Refreshing Til U Do

Loading...